Friday, March 11, 2011

1st Day in Perth

Finally it’s the day to fly to Perth!!! I don’t feel all that heavy to leave Miri at the moment, having my whole family to scarify their daily routine just to see me off at the Brunei airport. Furthermore summer and Micha were there too!! And guess what, Nick also see me off. **well basically because they all were all there ~~ makes me feel as if I'm not the one flying ** hoho!!

The night before, I couldn’t be sleeping very well and got up early at 5.30am to get ready to Brunei. With my 7 baggages, we head up to Brunei, we went in 2 separate cars up to meet up with Nick before heading to the airport.

Our meeting point was at the Empire hotel which is a 6 star hotel and the view is just so magnificent!!!  Micha, Summer and I promised and also planned for the end of the year to stay a night at the hotel and enjoy the luxurious hospitality that the hotel has to offer!!!


Moving on, after the meeting up we went straight to the airport. With my 7 baggage, it is very obvious that it is easy for me to get over weight and the funny thing was that I thought that my dad had weighted each of the baggage the day before, after mom told me that they were weighted by my dad which in actual fact he thought I already done it. Hohohoho it’s just hilarious.

The fun keeps going when the check-in counter assistant, she gave me another allowance of 7kgs whiles my total baggage about 59.9kgs!!! And that cost us $1,200BRU my dad got shocked by the number!!

And so, we decided to empty 2 boxes out of the 7, then so happens that we met up with Marlene who is the Miss Champs~~ she won lots of title... anyway she offered to help with my weight luggage since she only will be in Perth for a few days!! Gosh it’s so embarrassing but still it’s great!!

Then, walking into the plane and got settled down. Marlene sat behind me and according to her; it is very seldom that the airbus was as big as the one we boarded!!! And they have each mini TVs to entertain all the passengers onboard, and we were also being served with lots of drinks, and a meal, completed with rice, vegetables and also rendang.... gosh it’s just so tasty... the only thing about the plane, it was about the headset that I was using, one side of the headset wasn’t working well as it can’t project out the characters voice as they were talking in the movie~~ all I can enjoy was the background music of the movie....


I have to admit, with my grey thick sweater, it’s still freaking cold and I actually needed to cover myself with a blanket! Instead of enjoying the movie along the way, I enjoy dozing off since it’s just nice, after the blanket and jacket on me, and hugging a small pillow that the aircraft provided for us.
Talking about this, all the sudden I wish to sleep as well hiak hiaks!!


Getting down from the plane, we head on to the long queue for immigration checks.... it’s a very LOOOOOOONNNGGGGGGGG queue..... But it is amazing that the Australian workers, they are very efficient and fast in doing their job! Strict yet polite hiak hiak!! To be honest, I was really nervous because they all look very furious and kind of fussy.... huhhuhuhu but I got thru with a big welcome smile hohoho!! Glad that over~~~

Moving on with my baggage collection.... omg.... after the long queue.... it’s time to queue longer to wait for the baggage uhuhuhuhu I waited about 15min to collect all my 5 baggage... luckily Marlene was there to assist me with them hiak hiak!!!

After baggage collection, omg.... this is what gets me even more anxious and I almost had an anxiety attack huhuhuhuhu I was put to the Red exit which means I need to scan my stuffs or unpacked just to let them check my itineraries.
 Believe me, it’s also another... LOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNGGGGGGGG queue!!!! But there were a few things that I noticed while I was having my time queuing hiak hiak!!  The inspectors use hound dog to sniff those baggage of each passengers before letting them off to the green exit hohoho so adorable!

Omg this trip in travelling alone, makes me feel like i’m a total noob in everything!! Hohohoho but its worthwhile hiak hiak.

My first time meeting Yvette who is my neighbour, Uncle Steward’s daughter, living in Perth and work as the supervisor manager at the airport!! This girl is super great!! She able to get loan to buy a house in Perth when she was only 19!! Now she is already 29 years old and owned about 3-4 houses by her own~~~ hohoho glad she was there to help me throughout the way and patient enough to wait for me along the whole way of my settling down procedure!

After had everything done, at first we got lost while we were searching for the Vickery hostel hohohoho took us quite awhile until we had someone to bring us to the admin office and that is where i met Kenneth Ung, my primary schoolmate!!

I was being allocated at Unit 29, room 8. I was told that I will be staying over the night alone and Yvette was a bit worried for my safety and hoping I would be fine ~ after getting KFC which was the only place to get food when it is about 9pm plus.... gosh ...
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=613417&id=611490541 << this is the link to my fb~~ on my 1st day~~ hohoh!! 

We had KFC back in my hostel and Yvette gets time going through what I’m lacking during my stay in this hostel. Not long after that, my hostel phone rang... Shu Na found me!!! I was so much relieved about being alone and we got to hang out at their place which is off campus... they are all doing their masters!! And still left a year to graduation, which is also same, goes to me!! So much motivated!!!

Had my printer bought and they walked me home after that, and it was 11pm plus and I was all alone at the hostel and it was a little bit freaky.


I didn’t dare to shower nor get my bed properly done since this hostel, I might only going to be staying a night instead.... huhuhuhu for me to unpack will be mess if I need to move out to another unit later on.

Luckily Shuna they found me or else, electronic devices will be all dead by then hiak hiak!!  I forgotten to bring my baby pillow, and i had no blanket to cover myself for the night... it was so cold... I really want to talk to my family about it and also shared it with my friends but then they are just too far and expensive to be reached... so I decided to sleep... but something actually helps me through the night!!

I didn’t notice that there were these night glowing stickers all over the ceiling at first, and it was so beautiful and I actually smiled and slept... though I was very tired but I refused to too comfortable since I’m not alone... noises everywhere, including the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment